Benefits to Dairy Cattles
- When fed 15kg per day of fresh hydroponic fodder, the average difference between the test and control groups was +11% milk yield, and +23% milk quality.
- Extended trials over 29 years by Ohio State University indicate that dairy cows fed with freshly mown grass outperformed cattle fed grass that was allowed to dry with an increased milk yield of 28%. hydroponic fodder is the equivalent of freshly mown grass every day of the year.
- The fodder is digested more easily in the rumen, being over 80D, enabling the digestive system to conserve energy during digestion, and using the “saved” energy to both maintain condition and fertility, and improve milk yield & Milk Quality with fat.
Benefits to Beef animals
- Trials conducted in NZ demonstrated improved weight gain in fodder-fed cattle: • Cattle in fed 15kg of fodder per day, over 84 days, had a total live weight gain over the testing period of 41% more than group 2 (normal feed) .
- In addition the cost of feeding the treated group was SIGNIFICANTLY LOWER than the control group due to the lower cost of fodder production.
- The cost would be even lower when compared to feeding conserved forages such a silage.
Benefits to goats
Goats have a well-developed digestive system, Fodder closely replicates what goats would naturally forage for in the wild. An improvement in feed efficiency will lead to higher quality production of milk, meat and fiber.
Consuming fresh fodder will provide several advantages to goats, including:
- Faster weight gain and better quality meat
- High-grade fiber
- Improved milk production and quality
- Improved hoof health
- Improved fertility
Fodder Benefits As Poultry Feed
Poultry feed is some of the most expensive livestock feed on the market, making hydroponically grown fodder an easy choice for poultry producers. Sprouted fodder is considered a complete ration for poultry and contains all of the essential nutrients, vitamins and minerals needed for optimal meat and egg production.
Incorporating fodder into poultry diets will result in these benefits:
- Better quality eggs with deeper yolk color
- Enhanced egg taste
- Reduced sticky droppings
- Higher quality meat with better texture
- Improved health and energy levels
Benefits to Pigs / Swine
- Free range pigs being fed 3kg of grain per day were changed to a diet of 1kg grain and 2kg of fresh fodder.
- The principle conclusion was that growth rates accelerated, finishing 2 weeks sooner than the pigs not on the fodder.
- The sows came into heat much quicker and had a longer milking period, enabling the piglets early growth rates.
- Feeding costs were reduced by nearly 50%, With concentrate costs rising, fodder makes sound sense.
Benefits to Rabbits
- Faster weight gain
- Higher fertility
- Ween from mothers faster
- Reduced scours when weening